Friday, January 9, 2015

Deadmau5 - Five Years of Mau5

So after a very lucrative 50% Beatport sale, I managed to snag a bunch of music I had been meaning to get for quite a while, and one of the things I was finally able to snag was the new deadmau5 album. Although a lot of  the first half isn't new music,it's still a wonderful collection, and I talk more about it after the jump.


I've always been a huge deadmau5 fan, since my best friend introduced me to him way back in the day. We had a thing where we would go to see him every year he came to Atlanta, and it was always a blast and I loved it. The first part of this album takes me on a journey, and I remember where I was when I heard all of these old tracks for the first time. Since most of these tracks were released while I was in college, I remember assignments I wrote to Some Chords, friends I listened to Ghosts N Stuff with, and the beauty behind such classics like Strobe.

The second half of the album, however, is all new. All new remixes from all sorts of different artists. Dillon Francis does an amazing funky remix of Some Chords. Michael Woods has two awesome remixes in the album, and he made a neat mini-mix, which I linked below.

It's overall wonderful collection and I love putting it on repeat at work, and letting old memories come back to me!

You can buy 5 Years of Mau5 on iTunes or Beatport. I recommend it if you love progressive like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment