Thursday, November 20, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Nero's Essential Mix Nov. 2010

My Throwback this Thursday is to 2010. I pretty much consider this to be my favorite essential mix of all time. I had never heard anything like this before. Dubstep wasn't a new thing, but it was just starting to come out of the woodwork (Skrillex's first and second EP, My Name is Skrillex and Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites had just come out, and I was playing that on loop at this point). Nero managed to take all of dubstep and turn it into a journey. A lot of old dance classics can be heard in this set, and it makes a wonderful journey that crescendos into an epic climax that can only be described as Nero music. I would have to wait for 9 months to hear a lot of their music to be released on their album, Welcome Reality. But that wouldn't keep my from listening to this set on repeat for that time. It's an incredible set that sums up the EDM environment at the time perfectly. Catch the set and more after the jump.







Sadly, Nero has been quiet as of lately. Last we heard from them was a single track called Satisfy, seen below. It was well received, and several people made great remixes of it. Many thought a new album was on the horizon, but 6 months have passed with no new knowledge. If you go to their website, the say the second album is coming 2014. Their Facebook page says the new single was coming soon in August, but nothing there either. The last time they played live was EDC New York on May 24th, but their Facebook says they have a show at a festival in Austria this weekend.

I hope I can hear more from Nero soon. They are some of my favorite artists from years past, and I'd love to hear something new and good to groove to.



Have a great Thursday!
-David

No comments:

Post a Comment