Monday, October 14, 2013

Feed Me - Calamari Tuesday

Feed Me is at it again, this time with a full album that brings in vocals from Tasha Baxter and Crystal Fighters. I've been waiting a long time for this album; my thoughts after the jump.




Now you may be saying to yourself, "Dudley, you must be exaggerating when you say that you've been waiting a long time for this." And usually I'd agree with you, but I do not exaggerate when I say I've been waiting a long time for this. In fact, I've been waiting for close to a year for this album. Late last year, Feed Me did a Essential Mix on Pete Tong's Radio 1 show, which I've linked at the bottom. In this legendary mix, Feed Me debuted a lot of the songs that are on this album, although many of them were in their infancy. Tracks such as Rat Trap, Chincilla, Ebb&Flow, Death by Robot, an instrumental of Ophelia are all found in this mix from a year ago. Death By Robot got its own EP earlier this year, but that's the only repeat on this album. Every other track has never seen release before now. And the effort put in since the mix last year shows. Ophelia got some nice instrumentals and vocals that bring new life to the track. And then there's Rat Trap. To say that I've obsessed over this song is an understatement. Feed Me debuted this song when trap music was starting, and the energy is still there. The trap basics have the energy of Feed Me injected into them, and it makes for a wonderful experience that I can't turn off repeat. There's all sorts of cool genres on here, and it really is a complete album. I really wish I hadn't missed the opportunity to see him play in Atlanta, but if he ever makes his way through again, you know I'll be buying me way in.

Here's Rat Trap, with a iTunes and Amazon link inside. Here's a Beatport link as well.



And here's the Essential Mix from last year. I highly recommend this mix. I always enjoy listening to this mix.



-Dudley

No comments:

Post a Comment