Friday, November 14, 2014

Dillon Francis - Money Sucks, Friends Rule

So Melissa and I got to see Dillon Francis live at Tomorrow World, and I told her "I don't care who is on, we are making sure that we make it to see Dillon Francis play." And of course, it was amazing. And we heard a ton of his new music, which we loved. And then we learned he had a new album coming out, at which time we got very excited. Listen to me talk about it it after the jump.



So I picked up this album, expecting to hear a bunch of crazy varied songs, and that's exactly what I got. I wasn't expecting to hear Twista start rapping on the first track though. I thought he had given up the game, or whatever, but here he was on my Dillon Francis. It was pretty interesting, and nothing too electronic sounding. I was surprised, but pleased.

The whole albums bounces around in style, from the lyrical melodies of When We Were Young, to the Arabian dance style of Get Low, to the bass-filled absurdity of Not Butter.

The name of the album is Money Sucks, Friends Rule, and he really held true to that, bringing in lots of different types of friends from all sorts of musical backgrounds, and it works! It creates a really energetic album with lots of different energy levels, but all of them will make you shake it.

My personal favorites are We Make It Bounce, Not Butter, and What's That Spell (mostly because of the simple absurdity of the whole thing).

Listen to the whole thing below, buy it here (or here if you're Beatport savvy) and let me know what your favorites are!

Have a great weekend!
-David

1 comment:

  1. I love this whole album! I am so happy I was introduced to Dillon Francis because he is the bomb.com

    ReplyDelete