Monday, September 23, 2013

The Bloody Beetroots - Hide

This album came out last week, but I was occupied. However, I now get to finally review the new album from the kings of electro, The Bloody Beetroots. More after the jump.


I've been a fan of Bloody Beetroots for quite a while. Their Ultra set from 2 years ago is at the top of my favorites. If you've never taken the time to experience them for yourself, take a second and enjoy this video from 2009. Go ahead, I'll wait.


This is quite a momentous single, as it's what launched Aoki's career, and Dim Mak in general. Before this song, Aoki was leading his label, but hadn't produced anything big. Aoki quickly gained the reputation of a crazy performer. I often say that I dont think of Aoki as much of a DJ, because he doesn't do a lot of mixing. However, his shows are still worth going to, because while he doesn't wow you with his DJ skills, he creates a crazy environment that thrives well with his music and makes everyone in the crowd excited.

Anyway, the album Hide is really interesting. From the first single, you get the old crazy electro vibe that you expect from them. They also manage to pull in some interesting people like Tommy Lee, and interestingly, Paul McCartney. However, some of the tracks fall a tad short. That isn't to say that they aren't great, but for the high energy and outrageous beats you expect, they don;t make you wanna go crazy. My favorite tracks are Rocksteady for the old school vibe and the crazy collab with Gigi Barocco and Chronicles of a Fallen Love, for the nice mixture of vocals and crazy electro beats. Let me know what you guys think of it.

You can get Hide on iTunes or on Beatport

-Dudley



No comments:

Post a Comment