Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Avicii - True

It was a pretty slow week for music, nothing too much to see as the festival season kicks into gear and artists beginning debuting their summer jams. However, to my surprise I saw an Avicii album waiting for me to listen to. I give my two cents after the jump.



In my opinion, Avicii receives way too much flack. He releases Seek Bromance, a feel good anthem, then proceeds to release Levels, and everyone goes crazy for it. Then people hate Avicii for catering to the masses. So then Avicii comes out at Ultra and plays a lot of live singing and different sounded material, and it gets a very mixed reaction. Many hate it; many love the new direction, citing the lack of originality in the current scene of music. I find myself falling into the latter category, as it was nice to hear a new sound from him. Wake Me Up proved to be one of the tunes of the summer (I heard it on the radio the other day *gasp*), and Avicii is bridging the gap between American mainstream and EDM in a similar, but different sounding way than trap music currently is. Avicii also grabs popular singers like Adam Lambert in this album and makes the guitars and live elements mesh flawlessly with his electronic elements. I've always loved Avicii's energy, and the energy in this album is no exception

However, if you're still looking for classic Avicii, he still has that. Give a listen to Dear Boy, and you may get a feeling of Levels in there. Regardless of your music taste, I think Avicii did a great job and you'll find a song on here that you love. Keep in mind that this is his debut album. He's released nothing but EPs until now. He's crafted a wonderful masterpiece, and he has a track for every music listener on here.

Go get True here for iTunes or here for Beatport.

And here's a video to one of my favorite tracks, You Make Me:





Tommorow World is coming up soon, so I'll be making a preview post soon to showcase what I'm looking forward to!
Till next time,
-Dudley

No comments:

Post a Comment