Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The M Machine - Metropolis Remixed

Still no Michael Jordan, but an important album for me came out today. The Metropolis Remixed album. More after the jump.



The M Machine holds a special place as one of my favorite artists. I had the luxury of seeing them live. I had only heard of Shadow in the Rose Garden up until this point, but I had no idea how they were going to perform. They were amazing! They do all of the songs and mixing live. It was nearly like seeing a live band. The vocals and instruments were all done in person, and they managed to keep the crowd energized, despite only being a warmup to Porter Robinson. I included a picture from the concert below. I would show more, but it's pretty much just more of the same, 3 dudes and a giant M in the back.



So, after the concert, I went to check out their stuff, and I loved it. I started following their music and when Metropolis pt 2 came out, I hyped the crap out of it. It was everything I wanted from them. I love their music, which is why I have album art from both of their albums framed on my wall.The also do a really good job with the artwork for the album covers, so it's always fun to look at. But moving on to the remixed album, it's a really good album. The artists themselves said they wanted to bring in artists who they wanted to give more recognition to by letting them remix the songs, but some crowd favorites like Digitalism and Kill the Noise make remixes on the album too (both featured below). There's a new song by the group on the album, a neat retouch done in a very spacey electro vibe of The Palace,  one of my favorite tracks on Metropolis Pt 2. Overall, this is a wonderful album, and I highly recommend you pick it up, and the other two M Machine albums as well.

You can buy the Metropolis Remixed album here.

-Dudley

No comments:

Post a Comment